BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Issues, Repairs, Warranty, TSB, Recalls

11-28-2023, 10:47 AM   #1
ninja_geezer
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i G42

Torn Rubber

Anyone else seeing this starting to happen ?
1300 miles and not 8 weeks old part of the rubber type material (not Rubber) has torn away as its where the window catches slightly on opening, checked the other side not torn yet but does sometimes catch slightly on opening ,on my f22 in 3 years never had this issue let alone 8 weeks.....the material is a hard composite I guess .
dealer has pics and is looking into it ....im hoping now its actually plucked the small bit of material away it wont get any worse ,cant be doing with water ingress.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-28-2023, 10:51 AM   #2
ninja_geezer
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

wrong section

Sorry guys wrong section I have reposted in the G42 ..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2023, 12:31 PM   #3
M2siast
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Family Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Applicable here. Mine does the same. I'll complain when/if wind starts to get through.
Appreciate 1
      11-28-2023, 12:37 PM   #4
rons e92
60-130 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2siast View Post
Applicable here. Mine does the same. I'll complain when/if wind starts to get through.
Mine has the same weird curved parts. It's ironic you mention this because I was at my detailers shop last weekend and he noticed it. I hadn't seen it before and it's definitely weird. I never even noticed it on my M240i.

Between the two cars, I've driven over 33k miles, never had an issue.
Appreciate 1
      11-28-2023, 01:37 PM   #5
ninja_geezer
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rons e92 View Post
Mine has the same weird curved parts. It's ironic you mention this because I was at my detailers shop last weekend and he noticed it. I hadn't seen it before and it's definitely weird. I never even noticed it on my M240i.

Between the two cars, I've driven over 33k miles, never had an issue.
sorry to sound dumb ,I read your post a couple of times ,does yours have the same issue i.e. it pulls at the seal and has marked it torn a bit off ,is that what your detailer noticed or was you just talking about the weird curved parts ...
Appreciate 1
M2siast5876.00
      11-28-2023, 01:47 PM   #6
rons e92
60-130 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_geezer View Post
sorry to sound dumb ,I read your post a couple of times ,does yours have the same issue i.e. it pulls at the seal and has marked it torn a bit off ,is that what your detailer noticed or was you just talking about the weird curved parts ...
I have no tearing like you do. It's actually perplexing as to how that happened because it's not like you'd touch it on accident and it's behind the glass. Maybe your detailer accidentally hit it with a polisher or something?

If I had any tearing I'd bring the car to BMW and get them to replace the seals under warranty.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2023, 03:25 PM   #7
ninja_geezer
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rons e92 View Post
I have no tearing like you do. It's actually perplexing as to how that happened because it's not like you'd touch it on accident and it's behind the glass. Maybe your detailer accidentally hit it with a polisher or something?

If I had any tearing I'd bring the car to BMW and get them to replace the seals under warranty.
No its not been hit ,if you open the door swiftly the window glass digs into the part before it drops fast enough so you pull on that rubberish part (definitely not rubber) lol. the passenger side does the same ect that its very rarely opened so not torn yet.
dont worry dealer is looking into it they took pics today as well .
Appreciate 1
M2siast5876.00