BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Wheels / Tires

12-06-2023, 07:16 AM   #1
AlexC2er
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i RWD

which tire come with the Winter Set style 898m

As it says on the title, I知 wondering which tires are mounted on the style 898m winter wheels and tyre set. The image on the website seems to be a Michelin tire of some kind (image too low resolution to see what kind). However, I saw someone on this forum received pirellis. Now I知 confused. I live in the US if that matters. Thanks for the info
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 10:21 AM   #2
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexC2er View Post
As it says on the title, I知 wondering which tires are mounted on the style 898m winter wheels and tyre set. The image on the website seems to be a Michelin tire of some kind (image too low resolution to see what kind). However, I saw someone on this forum received pirellis. Now I知 confused. I live in the US if that matters. Thanks for the info
Searched and found this:

https://www.shopbmwusa.com/product/1...-GUNMETAL-GREY

I could not select the MY (2024) for my 230i xDrive.

But I can make out Michelin on the sidewall.

However, I would not take the picture as any guarantee the set of wheels will come fitted with Michelin tires. Pirelli tires is possible. (This is what my 2024 230i xDrive came fitted with: Pirelli Cinturato P7 225/40 R19 Run Flats All season tires.)

As an aside when shopping M2s the cars learned from those who had already received their car the car could come with Michelin or Pirelli tires. Which brand was just down to luck. It so happened the car I bought (off the showroom floor) was fitted with Michelin tires.
Appreciate 1
AlexC2er108.00
      12-12-2023, 03:22 AM   #3
Pentland
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i (G42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexC2er View Post
https://g87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2067044
Appreciate 1
AlexC2er108.00