01-22-2024, 01:22 PM   #1
Rx-7ames
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M2

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [5.00]
Getting new headlight under warranty

A few weeks ago my service advisor pointed out that one of my headlights was leaking water. I hadn't even noticed it. Turns out it's a common 2 series problem and he ordered one under warranty. It'll get replaced today.

At the same time he ordered 2 headlights for my coworker who drives a 230. I guess this is a common problem. Too bad they are getting replaced with the same headlights. As far as I know, BMW has not actually addressed the issue, and this may happen again.

Also a bit of a downer, they habt to program the new headlight. All of my Bimmercodes will get reset and I'll have to go through and fix everything again. I wish there was a way we could save a coding profile and return everything to our previously coded status.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2024, 07:20 PM   #2
M_Power Rob
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx-7ames View Post
A few weeks ago my service advisor pointed out that one of my headlights was leaking water. I hadn't even noticed it. Turns out it's a common 2 series problem and he ordered one under warranty. It'll get replaced today.

At the same time he ordered 2 headlights for my coworker who drives a 230. I guess this is a common problem. Too bad they are getting replaced with the same headlights. As far as I know, BMW has not actually addressed the issue, and this may happen again.

Also a bit of a downer, they habt to program the new headlight. All of my Bimmercodes will get reset and I'll have to go through and fix everything again. I wish there was a way we could save a coding profile and return everything to our previously coded status.

Yeah, condensation in the headlights is a known issue on the G42 M240.

https://g87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1974038
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2024, 09:21 AM   #3
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Wouldn't recommend anyone do this but I wonder if a tiny hole drilled into the housing would let the water escape?

While I have not priced a BMW headlight my 996 Turbo headlights were nearly $2000/each! I would not be surprised if the M2 headlights were pretty close to that. (Googled and found M2 headlight priced at $1774 but on sale for $1597.)

So if the condensation appears I'd opt to get the headlight replaced under warranty rather than take a drill to it.
Appreciate 0