E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Help! AHL not working

11-22-2010, 10:18 PM   #1
Sherwood
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SMG 335i

Help! AHL not working

I have been searching for a couple of days to solve my problem, and I cant find an answer. I was hoping you could help.

Make a long story short I got water in my drivers side headlight after I changed my AEs. After searching alot I found a lot of answers to my questions. I have since dried them out w/ a blow dryer and sealed them back with a sealant. The water shorted out my AHL module on the drivers side and the dealer wants 2k to replace the headlight and module. Trying to avoid my wheel and tire fund on a stupid mistake.

I can do without the AHL on my head light for awhile, but the bulb is stuck pointed to the left probably blinding traffic.

I want to get the light to point straight. Anyway to do this? I have read numerous threads about lowering and raising from the screw on top, but nothing about right to left.

Is it bad to drive with a shorted AHL module? I also want to clear the AHL warning light on the dash, can the OB II or another diagnostic tool clear this?

Thanks for any help!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
Sherwood
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
Sherwood
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Alright so the only idea I have gotten so far from a PM is to remove the headlight cover and then to possibly force the light to move to the right.

Any other ideas before I try this without breaking anything?
Appreciate 0