7Post
7Post
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > General 7-series (F01) Discussion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
Cdnrockies
Banned
 
Drives: BMW's
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 1,113
iTrader: (0)

Powdercoated M-sport Wheels

Finally had the time to get the M-sports put on last week. We went semi-gloss black and were very happy with how they turned out.

As a side note, wtf is wrong with BMW for putting such hideous calipers on a +$100K car??? Absolutely despicable.
Attached Images
    
Cdnrockies is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
335ifanatic
Major
 
335ifanatic's Avatar
 
Drives: 12' 750i, 14' Bentley GTC V8
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,069
iTrader: (1)

Looking sick, get some matte black grilles and you're set.
335ifanatic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
E90Company
Major General
 
E90Company's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

Posts: 6,145
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ifanatic View Post
Looking sick, get some matte black grilles and you're set.
+1

That looks great, if you can I would also paint the amber reflector.
E90Company is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      07-02-2012, 11:47 PM   #4
Cdnrockies
Banned
 
Drives: BMW's
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 1,113
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ifanatic View Post
Looking sick, get some matte black grilles and you're set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
+1

That looks great, if you can I would also paint the amber reflector.
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words.

I am, however, hesitant to start going down the road with further changes. I do have new center caps coming and will have the blue in the hood/trunk badges vinyl'd black.

After that, I'm not sure. I don't want to go fully murdered out. I do like a little bit of the chrome with the shadowline trim. I fully understand what you are both suggesting and have/will consider it further, but I'm just not sure right now.

Before either of those mods, I'm leaning more towards some brake caliper covers that aren't completely embarassing like the OEM ones and/or a black/carbon fiber front lip (the wife isn't really on board though...lol).
Cdnrockies is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #5
cmhsam
Major
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (0)

Looks great. Drop it about 1"
cmhsam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #6
babyboss
Second Lieutenant
 
babyboss's Avatar
 
Drives: 640d Msport
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: centurion

Posts: 270
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 640d  [0.00]
Eish !!
babyboss is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #7
E92LNGCGY
Major
 
Drives: F82/F25
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,178
iTrader: (0)

Where did you get your wheels powder coated? Do you mind sharing the cost? I'm also in Calgary and looking to get wheels powder coated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words.

I am, however, hesitant to start going down the road with further changes. I do have new center caps coming and will have the blue in the hood/trunk badges vinyl'd black.

After that, I'm not sure. I don't want to go fully murdered out. I do like a little bit of the chrome with the shadowline trim. I fully understand what you are both suggesting and have/will consider it further, but I'm just not sure right now.

Before either of those mods, I'm leaning more towards some brake caliper covers that aren't completely embarassing like the OEM ones and/or a black/carbon fiber front lip (the wife isn't really on board though...lol).
E92LNGCGY is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2012, 10:50 PM   #8
Cdnrockies
Banned
 
Drives: BMW's
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 1,113
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92LNGCGY View Post
Where did you get your wheels powder coated? Do you mind sharing the cost? I'm also in Calgary and looking to get wheels powder coated.
PM sent.
Cdnrockies is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2012, 05:16 AM   #9
335ifanatic
Major
 
335ifanatic's Avatar
 
Drives: 12' 750i, 14' Bentley GTC V8
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,069
iTrader: (1)

You could get some black vinyl inlays for the BMW emblems.
335ifanatic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #10
Cdnrockies
Banned
 
Drives: BMW's
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 1,113
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ifanatic View Post
You could get some black vinyl inlays for the BMW emblems.
Picking the ones for the wheels up tomorrow.
Cdnrockies is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #11
335ifanatic
Major
 
335ifanatic's Avatar
 
Drives: 12' 750i, 14' Bentley GTC V8
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,069
iTrader: (1)

Nice. Go with the vinyl for the rest of the emblems if you decide so you can keep everything OEM. I've had vinyl on the emblems including the wheels and they last forever.
__________________
335ifanatic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2012, 12:18 AM   #12
Cdnrockies
Banned
 
Drives: BMW's
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 1,113
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ifanatic View Post
Nice. Go with the vinyl for the rest of the emblems if you decide so you can keep everything OEM. I've had vinyl on the emblems including the wheels and they last forever.
Ironically, when I went to pick up the center caps, my shop was able to squeeze the car in to do the badges as well. Shadow Tinting in Calgary not only does outstanding work, but provides outstanding service as well! They always have sick rides that they are working on. That day it was an R8 Spyder. The time before that was Shelton's C63 BS.

Anyways, I think the badges look awesome. Can't wait to get the center caps on (have to take the wheels off and haven't had time).

Removal of the chrome 750 badging and I think I'll be done for the moment.
Attached Images
  
Cdnrockies is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #13
bcbarker
Private
 
Drives: 535i F10 M-sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Newport Beach CA

Posts: 59
iTrader: (0)

Looks clean..!!
Just get a spoiler, diffuser, and paint those calipers a sick color and you would have a super dope 7
bcbarker is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2012, 02:50 AM   #14
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict
 
the infamous...'s Avatar
 
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

Posts: 17,536
iTrader: (0)

pretty sick
__________________


"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
the infamous... is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 AM.




7post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST