BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

07-15-2023, 11:59 AM   #1
Checker130
Rep
Drives: BMW G11

Heated Steering Wheel Swap Madness

I have two steering wheels both G11. Mine which is heat and vibro only to a single internal module (worn badly) and a new one from eBay that is mint but comes with adaptive cruise, lane keep, heat and vibro - with the heat and vibro split to two separate modules either side.

It’s not a plug and play and I’m not an electrician.

Does anyone know if the new wheel with heat via two wires going to the left module wires can be attached within the old connector? The old heat wiring is four wires, the new only two! If I can swap the plug on the end over, I can move all my loom and module from the old wheel straight across and enjoy having nice leather again.

I’ve put some photos here: https://ibb.co/album/XDN2RB

You can see that the heat goes to the left module via two wires and the vibro to the right on the new new wheel. However on my old wheel the heat is via a four pin adapter and both the heat and vibro go to a single module on the right as shown.

I’m not an electrician but I think I’m going mad.
Appreciate 0