BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

06-12-2020, 09:23 PM   #1
tony7565
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 750i

Activating remote GPS positioning

Hey guys, new to the forum here. Just bought a 2016 750i, but since I'm currently overseas I had it delivered to my family's house. I'm trying to get the GPS positioning to show up on the BMW connected app on my iPhone, but we can't find in the iDrive menus where to activate the GPS positioning. I've found a couple videos online, but the menus aren't the same. I activated the BMW remote services, and the software looks to be up to date and we were able to enable the folding mirrors when locking option, but can't find the location services activation.

Any help you guys can provide would be appreciated. Currently in the BMW connected app, the "Locate your vehicle" function is a disabled feature, and I believe the car is using iDrive 5.

Thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 01:20 AM   #2
RaptorStrike
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320i Sport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony7565 View Post
Hey guys, new to the forum here. Just bought a 2016 750i, but since I'm currently overseas I had it delivered to my family's house. I'm trying to get the GPS positioning to show up on the BMW connected app on my iPhone, but we can't find in the iDrive menus where to activate the GPS positioning. I've found a couple videos online, but the menus aren't the same. I activated the BMW remote services, and the software looks to be up to date and we were able to enable the folding mirrors when locking option, but can't find the location services activation.

Any help you guys can provide would be appreciated. Currently in the BMW connected app, the "Locate your vehicle" function is a disabled feature, and I believe the car is using iDrive 5.

Thanks!!!
I've got ID6 so the layout is different but I think the menus are the same. So it's.

Menu —> My Vehicle —> Vehicle Settings —> Vehicle Tracking —> Put a tick in the box next to Vehicle tracking.

Screenshots below. Just remember this is NOT live tracking. It is the last stored position from when the vehicle is run. Once that is activated start the car up and leave running for a couple of minutes then switch off. Depending on how the vehicle was delivered (back of a low loader?) or if it's underground/in a garage it may not have picked up its last position.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 04:22 AM   #3
tony7565
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 750i

Great, thanks. Your ID6 instructions should get me in the right direction. We'll see what we can find. Thanks!
Appreciate 0