BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
pest control?

so does anyone do their own pest control? i don't, but im about to start. i have termites in a piece of furniture in my house, and i need to fumigate it.

any ideas on what to get these fuckers with?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

i'm no pest control expert, but if termites are in one thing, they're probably in another. best to call the pros i bet.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 01:57 PM   #3
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
i'm no pest control expert, but if termites are in one thing, they're probably in another. best to call the pros i bet.
+1 little shit like mice in the attic or a racoon under the deck you can deal with yourself. Termites, leave to the pros.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 01:59 PM   #4
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Termites are not anything to fuck with, call it in man. Ants and spiders you can do, but termites are tough.
      07-25-2011, 02:06 PM   #5
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Termites are not anything to fuck with, call it in man. Ants and spiders you can do, but termites are tough.
Lost a bet... to myself... that you would post a "fuck that shit" burning it down rage comic...

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 02:07 PM   #6
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
no.. termines dont fly around. the piece its in is in its own room. not sure how they got there, but i have been told they arent anywhere in my house, and i dont see them. here is how you know you have termites: wood droppings.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #7
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

quit being a jew and call it in
      07-25-2011, 07:07 PM   #8
pt
Private
Rep
Drives: I miss my E12

Quote:
Originally Posted by express705 View Post
no.. termines dont fly around. the piece its in is in its own room. not sure how they got there, but i have been told they arent anywhere in my house, and i dont see them. here is how you know you have termites: wood droppings.
Subterranean termites do fly in the form of winged reproductives in the March/April timeframe. They shed their wings when they find a nesting place or are about to die trying. Their presence is betrayed by shed wings (often by windows and doors), frass, and mud tubes extending from the ground and into the house - they don't want to let themselves dry out while taking food (i.e. your house) to their colony (outside your house).

Formosan termites tend to swarm in the evening when the weather is warm and humid - these are a whole other level of deep shit in terms of both the damage they do and how fast they do it, and in terms of control methodology. These are not common in north America.

You may or may not have termites - other wood destroying insects like powder post beetles often come in furniture and do just as much damage, pulverizing the wood into a powdery frass. You need to call an abatement service (Orkin, Terminix, etc) and have your place fully inspected. If you have confirmed the presence of any WDI, then you need someone that knows what they're doing to get rid of them. The real traps and chemicals used to control them are strictly controlled via state licensing.

You didn't mention who told you that the rest of your house does not have termites. If you have a report from a properly licensed/insured service indicating as much, then great. At least you have a document that will hold up in court if they are wrong. I doubt this is true from what you've written though. Get your place properly inspected as that's the best way to protect yourself. The thing with termites is that you might not see them until thousands of dollars in structural damage is done.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 07:33 PM   #9
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
my home's frame is treated so i'm not worried about termites infesting the home itself. i was told by my exterminator that they are isolated in the piece. he's away so he cant take care of it.

since i cant get those chemicals on the black market, unless HCL or PETN will take care of it, i guess ill be calling some other service.

=(
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #10
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

If you wanna give it a shot yourself and save a little bit of money, you're going to need to buy a product called Phantom. The awesome thing about this chemical is that insects cannot detect it so they will eventually expose the harmful chemical to other insects and kill them. Exposure occurs by contact, grooming and food exchange.

My dad owns a very successful pest control company and we use Phantom 99% of the time, it's a very good product that works.

Link:
http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/ph...ide-p-209.html
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 08:19 PM   #11
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJP View Post
If you wanna give it a shot yourself and save a little bit of money, you're going to need to buy a product called Phantom. The awesome thing about this chemical is that insects cannot detect it so they will eventually expose the harmful chemical to other insects and kill them. Exposure occurs by contact, grooming and food exchange.

My dad owns a very successful pest control company and we use Phantom 99% of the time, it's a very good product that works.

Link:
http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/ph...ide-p-209.html
I do certified destruction with a lot of pest control companies in the city. IMHO, this whole bed bug epidemic was started by someone in your industry. I've heard the "cycles" explanation. I don't buy it. Very shady business.

No offense to you and your family. But the guys I know are rolling in dough. With a lot of their money being made in the last 2 years or so.

EDIT: just opened my dish washer and 3 roaches just went scurrying into the back of the dish washer. First time I have ever had roaches in an apt. Time to call the professionals.

Last edited by NYCGP; 07-25-2011 at 08:32 PM..
Appreciate 0