BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

01-30-2023, 06:55 PM   #23
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Ok, since you're a MD w that police and pedo-rapist question I posed earlier, shall I assume it's a no brainer as both cases are the same that you'd operate on the policeman first?
That I can't answer. We aren't in the business of making ethical judgments for who we treat and don't treat, and 99% of the time we don't know anything about an individual's personal situation in an emergency setting. Whoever is in more critical condition will get medical attention first, and in my specialty it all boils down to if the patient's insurance is contracted with my group.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 08:35 PM   #24
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Here you demonstrate lack of comprehension of examples given by tranquility, to which I responded.
I didn't read your guys' entire back and forth. just pointing out the Hippocratic oath especially in the field (meaning, in real life at an accident scene or on an airplane) is very idealistic and isn't necessarily a binding oath that all of us practice. In today's society, MDs have everything to lose and nothing to gain in such situations.

Last edited by Germanauto; 01-30-2023 at 08:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 09:09 PM   #25
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
That I can't answer. We aren't in the business of making ethical judgments for who we treat and don't treat, and 99% of the time we don't know anything about an individual's personal situation in an emergency setting. Whoever is in more critical condition will get medical attention first, and in my specialty it all boils down to if the patient's insurance is contracted with my group.
Ok, that's very practical and realistic. I'm just asking a hypothetical as obviously what are the chances of 2 patients having the exact same condition and being at the ends of the ethical spectrum? Never mind, it's all good.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 11:03 PM   #26
BeEmVe
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X1 x28i M-Sport

A BMW catches fire, which then causes the Bimmer forum to become a dumpster fire.
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6745.00
Xolinlevh212.00
      03-21-2023, 04:14 PM   #27
Ayyleoo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrown7403 View Post
Pretty intense car fire in Vegas on January 27, 2023 in front of The Venetian. Luckily got out safely with the help of brave bystanders and police.

Crazy how the cop yells at the bystanders …helping … while he waddles over -
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 02:16 PM   #28
ErikJ1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid Sport

[QUOTE="________;29787376"]Lol of course I know who you are and I have you in high regard.

Beer one day. have a great one

Lots of sexual tension here..y'all should get a room to "work out" y'alls differences..
Appreciate 0