BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

01-08-2024, 02:03 AM   #1
pete05uk
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

BMW i7 Remote Unlock and Remote Parking Issue

Hi All,

Looking for any advice or to see if anyone has had this issue before, I am based in the UK

I have a BMW i7 xDrive60 with the Digital Key Plus, etc.

The Remote Control Parking and Remote door open feature seems to have stopped working. I have used these features before but nothing recent.

I have attached some images, when I try and use the Remote Park feature for example, the car recognizes this fact from the in car displays, etc but the App produces an error saying move closer to my vehicle, despite the fact I am next to it and have moved around! The other proximity based systems such as comfort access and automatic unlock on approach seems to work OK.
I have tried the obvious like remove/re add the app and Digital Key but none of it seems to work.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2024, 03:26 AM   #2
rollingtaser
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i7 M70, SL63

hm, interesting... what phone do you have?

i have had the same problem several times.

also that the first time the app opens the "ready" page, the car doesn't activate...

also: i see you charged your car to 100%. hm, unless you just drive off, charging to 100% is not healthy for the battery - just a friendly advice
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2024, 03:58 AM   #3
pete05uk
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingtaser View Post
hm, interesting... what phone do you have?

i have had the same problem several times.

also that the first time the app opens the "ready" page, the car doesn't activate...

also: i see you charged your car to 100%. hm, unless you just drive off, charging to 100% is not healthy for the battery - just a friendly advice
Might need to book it into the BMW garage then. And yes, I charged to 100% as I have a long journey to drive today with questionable charging facilities along the route and I only charge to 100% on such circumstances.
Appreciate 1
      01-08-2024, 02:28 PM   #4
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
I believe these systems use bluetooth. If that is so, have you tried (1) turning bluetooth on and off on your phone; and (2) removing your phone from the bloothtooth list on your phone and startinng from scratch (this may also delete the digital key)?

My digital key occasionally goes missing but always comes back if I touch the phone to the door handle.

Lets us know please how this gets resolved.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 05:41 AM   #5
pete05uk
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
I believe these systems use bluetooth. If that is so, have you tried (1) turning bluetooth on and off on your phone; and (2) removing your phone from the bloothtooth list on your phone and startinng from scratch (this may also delete the digital key)?

My digital key occasionally goes missing but always comes back if I touch the phone to the door handle.

Lets us know please how this gets resolved.
Hi,

I have tried this including resetting the car itself, removed the Digital Key and even tried a new phone. The result is the same, neither remote parking or door opening (when I am stood next to the car) works.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 08:07 AM   #6
rollingtaser
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i7 M70, SL63

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete05uk View Post
Hi,

I have tried this including resetting the car itself, removed the Digital Key and even tried a new phone. The result is the same, neither remote parking or door opening (when I am stood next to the car) works.
does the app show you a normal process and then it just doesn't work? -> the buttons stay gray
Appreciate 0