BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-07-2008, 05:45 AM   #1
Justabanana
Enlisted Member
Finland
Rep
Drives: 123d ///M-Sport

Looking for: Pics of less equipped cars

Here goes, my first post on these forums. Most likely gonna make a fool out of myself, but try to bear with me :smile:
(Tried to :, but couldn't find anything.)

Anyways, after browsing the forums here for some days days now, I've experienced that almost all pictures posted here are of 135i's - meaning M-sport body kits, 18" rims, leather interior and so on. (This is natural since most users are from North America and 135i is the most popular choice there.) So I was thinking, why not try to get people post more pictures of the "lesser" 1-series models?

What I'm looking for here is pictures of:
-Cars with 16" and 17" rims.
-Without M-sport-body kits.
-Cloth / Cloth-leather / Cloth-Sensatec -interiors
-Non-Xenon headlights
-Some diesel cars... xD
-etc.
Preferably picures that highlight these points I've listed here. Pics that have a more fully equipped car to give contrast would of course be the best.
Maybe some user comments of said cars and their differing options would be welcome too.

I'm personally most interested in what those non-xenon headlights look like in the dark, since they have no corona-rings as parking lights (atleast here where I live in). I've got a 123d on order that has normal halogen lights - since I don't like xenons - but if the regulars look too bad I guess I gotta adjust my order... I do love those angel-eye-lights... (Also got 17" rims and cloth-sensatec on it so interested in those as well)

I guess our North American friends won't benefit much of these pictures I've requested. But you'll atleast get a good laugh on us poor foreigners' sucky cars :biggrin:.
Since my native tongue isn't english I must state at the end: If you find a typo / grammatic mistake / etc. from my post...
You can keep it :P

123d ///M-Sport Coupé (& e21 318)
Alpine White: Because originality is overrated.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 08:56 AM   #2
shmee150
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 123d SE Coupe

I was going through the same thing at first (I've ordered a 123d SE in the end so no sport body kit) but if you go through the threads for each of the colours listed in one of the sticky's on this forum you do find pictures of them amoungst the rest.

I don't know if Finland will be like the UK, but dealers here tend to have lower spec'd models in as well rather than just 135is. I know that my local one has a 120d plain, a 123d SE with a few extras and a loaded 135i Performance kit etc...

T
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 09:56 AM   #3
lib
Major
Rep
Drives: <This space for rent>

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmee150 View Post
I was going through the same thing at first (I've ordered a 123d SE in the end so no sport body kit) but if you go through the threads for each of the colours listed in one of the sticky's on this forum you do find pictures of them amoungst the rest.
^ That really is your best bet.

The first post in the Montego thread shows several pictures of a 123d without the M-sport package and further down the page you see a few side-by-sides with and without 17" & 18" wheels as well as M-Sport and non-M-Sport bodies.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 06:48 AM   #4
K30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Have a look at the Saphire Grey thread - there are some excellent pics of a 120d SE with 17'' - althougth they are the optional 262 star ones. Also more convertibles are basic modles - certainly there is a black 118 conv on these pages somewhere. I've got a sedona 123d SE on order and will post when it arrives in a few weeks. Other than that do a used car search on BMW's web pages for UK - there are quite a few examples with standard wheels at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 02:52 PM   #5
Shaun
118i ES Convertible
Rep
Drives:

Look at my thread - only a 118 convertible

Cloth interior 17'' wheels ES
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 03:18 PM   #6
135iUSN
19 X5 1998 M Roadster
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i Alpine White / Terra

Garage List
1998 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
well, if I had a choice of a 'lesser' 1er, say diesel that kicks butt in gas mileage - I would choose it - but, in the US we get 2 measly choices and only in the coupe variant. (BOO)